expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Neil Young: The Best of Three Sketches...



I did a bunch of sketches with a razor point pen that had it's nib cut diagonally with an x-acto knife to get a variety of line thickness.  I was always enamored with illustrator, Baron Storey's pen and ink style. This sketch reminds me of Baron's Time magazine cover portrait of Howard Hughes.

I used this sketch as one example of my pen style for a possible job. Seems lately, whenever I apply for an illustration job, I have to either find folders of art that pertain to the job posts or I have to draw something new... on spec! I sort of did a combination of the young Young and the today's Young. Won't show you the other two failed attempts, ha!

1 comment :

  1. It seems this post was getting a lot of attention and it might have been because the artwork was scanned a bit too high rez. I changed that!

    Still like the drawing, though, ha!

    ReplyDelete