expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Friday, February 4, 2011

A Merle Haggard "Inspired" Sketch...

Okay, the truth is that it is supposed to actually be Merle Haggard, but as so often happens, portraits can suddenly and very unexpectedly become something else, like, um, "A Man With A Hat." I am quite satisfied with this drawing and I guess I could really get crazy and render it even more, but then, it would be an illustration and not a sketch... I guess.

I can't really decide when it was that I lost control, but somehow I just kept on going and going hoping it would come around and then, Voila, Merle! If you look close, you'll find a faint pencil line to start and maybe that is all that has to be said about it.

Did I say that I am really satisfied with this sketch?

No comments :

Post a Comment