expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Monday, March 14, 2011

The "Van Nuys Collection" #5...Bits and Pieces

I did an illustration, actually a few, of the B-25 Mitchell for class and then for the Air Force Art Program. At that time, I needed the details, but nowadays, you can get books that are pretty cherried up or go on line to find what you need. I have quite a few of these Mitchell breakdowns, but they are probably of interest, technically and visually, only to me. Still, something interesting in the layout of the page. Sometimes, even with a camera you can't capture what is needed because of the lighting of the day. These are always a nice addition when sunlight highlights one part and obscures another. Besides, it was fun to do and good practice especially since the subject wasn't going anywhere. You can even count the rivets!

Believe me, I have!

No comments :

Post a Comment