expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Smile Pretty ... For The Illustrator!

Anatomically correct, but...
Let me just say, I don't do horses very well. With the exception of the Wells Fargo Stagecoach ( which reminds me, I did some really nice stuff for them for some big ad agency way back when... I'll have to locate those pieces! ) and The Budweiser Clydesdales, I've never had to learn how horses operate, you know? They are hamburger, they don't endorse it. They cover baseballs, but don't do sportscasting. They have what all car enthusiast lust for, but they don't drive. I just never had to draw a horse... that much! So, I'm not good at it, but this portrait is NAILED! I love this horsey sketch and I love the owner who kept it still long enough for me to get it perfect.  Of course, it looks like a large dog, scale wise.

I thought long and hard about photoshoping his head larger or the owners smaller, but then, that's a cheat. I did give some serious thought to cropping this sketch into two separate pieces, but decided, as painful as it is, to adhere to my own original statement... "sketches for better or worse!"

But, man, that sure is a good horse head!

Copyright/Ben Bensen III/ 2011 

No comments :

Post a Comment