expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Sunday, March 25, 2012

A Sketch of a Turkey-Necked Patron...

Catching the news and a good cup of coffee...
While waiting for my son to finish applying for a job at another coffeehouse on Veteran's in Metairie last Friday, I moseyed over to one of my favorite shops, CC's, and found this patron reading the newspaper.  Most folks at CC's aren''t the kind you find at buffets, but no "Granita" drinking, computer punching techie or student, including me, was as interesting to draw as this man. The crosshatched version is the more accurate except for his neck. I got the neck right in my "Disneysque" version of the man... but it is a little bit too Disneysque, for me!

Copyright2012/ Ben Bensen III

2 comments :

  1. Love it Ben! your style and how you camptur complex (to me!) images so simply is always a treat to view. By the way did your son get the job?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Desmond, thanks for the kudos. Just remember I rarely show sketches I don't feel good about. Lord knows, they abound, ha!

      As for my son, the jury's still out on that possibility... we'll see.

      Delete