expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Saturday, June 9, 2012

The Eye to Brain to Hand...

Waitin' for a plane...
I had an hour and a half layover in Houston and I felt I owed it to myself to practice, but seriously, I wasn't really into it and it shows. Naturally, the three in line moved many times, so I had to improvise. The sketch was quick. I added the linear tone to separate the foreground from the background. I loved the visual that presented itself, but I should've just shot a picture for analysis later.

It is strange. Sometimes, I can draw beautifully totally detached, meaning, I don't think about what I see and interpret it emotionally. At times, it works perfectly to my satisfaction, but other times, it doesn't. When I am totally focused on my drawing, I almost always like what I've drawn, but I have to incorporate more than my visual and emotional response...

I have to think about every little line I draw and that's exhausting to do over the period of one or two sketches.

Anyway, the plane looks good, ha!

Copyright 2012/ Ben Bensen III

No comments :

Post a Comment