expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Thursday, August 9, 2012

"A Grown Up Tonka Toy"...



This morning, August 8th, I went biking on one of my favorite country roads and spotted this quiet, construction scene with a bright yellow John Deere crane parked neatly against a cloudless, blue sky... and a torn up landscape. Apparently, someone is getting ready to build in this quiet little six mile stretch of asphalted and dirt road that has become a short cut between LA 437 and LA 40 into the village of Folsom. Arriving at the south end of Factory Road around six thirty in the morning pretty much gives me a nice, uncrowded and shaded twelve mile jaunt that usually takes me about one hour to complete.

I passed this scene up a few times over the past two weeks and decided to bring my sketchbook and draw some real live "Tonka" toys. I actually thought about drawing the word Tonka where the John Deere was, but basically forgot!

Truth be told, I brought my sketchbook to sketch this dead armadillo completely intact in the middle of the road, but when I finally remembered to bring my book, the buzzards had had they way with it.

Copyright 2012/ Ben Bensen III

No comments :

Post a Comment