expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Monday, August 13, 2012

"High Tech Lawn Tractors"...

Right in My Own Back Yard...

Well, I thought I'd have to go off the beaten path to continue my "man toys" sketch concept. The first one I found, I found biking on a country road. Since then, I have only found one interesting "toy" to sketch and I haven't gathered the nerve to park along side a busy highway to sketch this old, rotting 1950's style Plymouth tucked neatly between two large oaks.

But just this morning, these three shiny new lawn tractors with bushhogs attached and straddling the driver's enclosed and probably air conditioned cabins sat in the early morning dew as I took the dog for a walk around the bird sanctuary.

I returned the pup home, grabbed my sketchbook and, in the time it took me to do that, the tractor operators were getting ready to crank'em up! So, this is my twenty-five minute sketch with an almost dry Pentel.

Maybe, I'll return in the evening and try again... without a "deadline" and for fun!




Copyright 2012/ Ben Bensen III

No comments :

Post a Comment