expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

"I'm A Slow Eater... But, Not That Slow!

A Water Glass Doodle...
Got up early, before dawn to help my wife get her day started. Today, is the annual Christmas Show starring all the second graders. Her class is performing,"Rudolph, the Red-Nosed Reindeer" and she seemed to need breakfast and a little early morning encouragement. And then, I had to wrestle with the VA office about my mother's benefits.

No need to go there!

I promised mom breakfast afterwards and we had a nice one within walking distance of the VA office. Of course, being from the south, I enjoy lingering awhile after the meal and most restaurants are prepared for that eventuality, but, when my mother is involved, it seems to take a millennium or two. So, I sketch on paper table cloths, if I don't have a sketchbook. In a way, I kind of like it like that because it becomes a mindless doodle with no responsibility to the pen, the paper or my psyche!

This is one of the two tablecloth doodles!


Copyright 2012-2013/Ben Bensen III

2 comments :

  1. Yep, by the time Mom finishes a meal it's time for the next one. It's no wonder restaurants supply crayons and butcher paper to keep the kids (even the big ones) entertained.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Therese likes the green crayons best!

    ReplyDelete