expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Friday, January 18, 2013

"Long As I Can See The Light"...

I rather like this sketch...
This is a twenty-two minute sketch I did in ball point pen while having breakfast at a restaurant on a very gray, wet Thursday morning. I'm pretty happy considering it is a sketch full of ellipses. I started at the top and tried to not look at the oval aspects of the glass top, but the deca edges messed me up. It has been my experience to assess the ellipse degree and then just draw it from muscle memory instead of trying to continually look at the hole as I draw it.

Once I get the circle drawn correctly, it is much easier to follow up on the rest of the ellipses. Because I didn't get the top piece perfectly correct, I spent much more of sketch attempting to justify all the other ellipses in perspective.

Still, I rather like this sketch for all the other aspects one might enjoy this piece!

Copyright 2013/ Ben Bensen III



2 comments :