expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

"Another Rainy Starbucks Sketch"...



It has been a while since a sketched anything worthwhile posting... if I even sketched every day! But today, my planned plein air painting date got rained out, so setting here, watching the rain and sipping Starbucks, sketching soggy scenes is perfectly fine for now.

The woman in front of me has barely moved since I got here, which motivated me to "do her!"


Copyright 2013/ Ben Bensen III



2 comments :

  1. Fab work! Love the contour work :) Bet she would be mortified to think she was studied for so long without realising!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alison, would you believe me if I told you that she eventually got up to visit the rest room and past by me sketching something else. When she casually commented about my being an artist, a whole conversation came about. She was quite verbose. Then, I showed her this sketch.

    She asked permission to photograph it with her iPhone, ha! And, she did!

    ReplyDelete