expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Friday, September 6, 2013

"It Was Good To See Rita Again"...

My "Octo-Friend" Rita was back at it!
Admittedly, this is not a very good sketch. Sometimes, you just gotta humble yourself to remind the train to stay on track! But, I'm not posting this to prove to anyone that I can draw poorly. I have a fair bit of sketches in my books that I would never want to admit to as being mine. No, that's not my intention here.

Rita ( see an earlier blog post about her and a better portrait of her at, "She Goes By Rita!" http://sketchiethoughts.blogspot.com/2013/07/she-goes-by-rita.html" ) had a few melanomas that had to be removed and one on her face was gonna be a dousie to remove. It was supposed to be one of those inpatient surgery, but, day after day and week after week passed and there was no Rita at the senior center.

Apparently, she had a reaction to the medication the hospital gave her which created a urinary infection that would not go away. Test after test, were taken and all kinds of solutions to her complications were suggested. The replacement antibiotic made her dizzy and disoriented. She said that after the doctor decided she might need a brain scan, Rita told him to forget about it and didn't return. And, she said she just stopped with all the medications.

When I asked her about the ordeal, she said, as she continued walking on the treadmill,
"If you want to stay healthy, stay out of hospitals!"

Amen, Sister!


Copyright 2013//Ben Bensen III

No comments :

Post a Comment