expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Monday, September 2, 2013

"Oh, The Embarrassment Of Sketching Friends!"

So, do a sketch of me...
A while back, I met a friend for lunch, and we had a really nice time just catching up with each other. We decided to take our coffee and desert outside to continue our conversation without hogging a table inside.

Somewhere in the conversation, she saw my sketchbook and asked if I would do a sketch of her. I was flattered that she asked and felt quite confident in my ability to do a reputable rendition... as long as she kept still.

She was just being kind when she asked how come I didn't make her smiling! And, she didn't asked for  the sketch to take with her.

Sometimes... you know?

Copyright 2013/Ben Bensen III


2 comments :

  1. I haven't worked up the nerve to sketch friends for exactly that reason: their reaction if it's not what they were hoping for. It's a great sketch none the less, Ben!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, you are so right, Leif. But, I've been told no or "fix it" so many times in my commercial work, I've learned to not take it so seriously. I got over it after about a year... ha!

      Delete