expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Monday, November 4, 2013

"A Gullseye View Of Opulence!"


Ahoy...
Four stories up above the Savannah river, in Savannah, GA, I spotted this immense white yacht sitting below my hotel window. Further up the river, beyond the span bridge that takes you across the state line into South Carolina, is the Port of Savannah, where wharfs are filled with container ships and more  heavy freighters. I had a great view of the river, but couldn't help focusing on that yacht just below me which later in the day actually hoisted the Union Jack flag.

Maybe, she was on a goodwill tour or celebrating something special, in Savannah, that weekend.

One afternoon, after gouging ourselves on some great seafood, we waddled back up to digest our feast with a power nap. I woke up about an hour or so later, still a bit goofy from one two many beers. I decided to let my partner in the culinary crime continue to snooze.

It was now or never to sit at the window and sketch the ship, for who knows what tomorrow would bring. She could slip away in the night and I'd never get the chance to sketch something so incredible from such a rare vantage point.

Looking at the sketch, I think I did Union Jack proud!

Copyright 2013/ Ben Bensen III

No comments :

Post a Comment