expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

"Waiting… The Devil's Workshop?"


I tried to draw this without tone, but failed!
This past month, I have had the pleasure of visiting five different doctors' offices for the expressed pleasure of sketching their office decor. It never fails, no matter how early you arrive, your fifteen to twenty minute visit, will take you all morning long.

Today was no different.

I haven't been to the gym very much in the new year. I have many excuses, but the biggest one is
called,"inertia!" I went one afternoon, and in a fit of enthusiasm, I sprained my ankle on calf extension machine doing toe raises. Something went "pop" and I crumbled. So, here I was, one week later, awaiting my turn to have my ankle examined. Turns out, it was just a severe fascia sprain , but the wait to see the doctor was a severe pain.

After about ten minutes, I decided to make the best of my down time by drawing the young and beautiful assistant eating breakfast behind the glass sliding window. The more I looked, the more I saw. There were numerous levels of reflections in front of her face, and behind her in another window reflecting another awaiting patient... and then, in another window that overlapped the first two windows, another person standing outside deciding whether to waste his entire morning… waiting!

Anyway, I had fun playing with this nuance of reflected life. And, that's right, I said,"life." It's one of those things artists do a lot… levels of reflections of light and life. "Light" is safer...

What is it they say about an idle mind? Well, it's not my fault. Blame it all on waiting for a doctor!


Copyright 2014/ Ben Bensen III

No comments :

Post a Comment