expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Monday, April 14, 2014

"Kristen, The Purple Haired Barista!"

Sharpie composite in my mind...
I've sketched a bunch of baristas at the Mandeville Starbucks where I many times sit and stare out the windows of my mind and any other window I can find. This my second attempt at capturing a little dynamo named, "Kristen." Her statue, energy and vivacity belie her years. She has an independent spirit that tells me she older than that "little girl" image I've got embedded in my head.

But, maybe, that's just me creating stories as I draw. Sometimes, taking a certain approach, an angle, a storyline, helps me see through and yet all around the image. For me, it is more than entertainment... it's focus!

Copyright 2014/Ben Bensen III


No comments :

Post a Comment