expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Monday, April 21, 2014

"Kristen, the Starbuck Barista, In Green!"

Kristen In Green!
This is actually my best impromptu sketch of Starbucks barista, Kristen. It is created in a standard Bic ink pen, which allows much more sensitivity than the Sharpie. Using the Sharpie forces you to concentrate much harder to capture the defining lines. I have to assume it freezes me up more than it should. The ball point affords me the confidence to just dive in and sketch.

When I showed Kristen this sketch, she was a bit taken back. Maybe, she thinks I'm this weirdo that only comes in, for a full year, just to drink coffee and sketch female baristas. So, in my inimitable way, assuming the best defense is an offense, I asked her if I could take a pic of her on my cellphone
( I still use the old clamshell type! ) and she posed for me.

I'll do two more sketches of Kristen and then, I'll move on. Maybe, this sketch I do of her from the pose will be the one she prefers. But, all things being said, I really like this one. It really looks like her and it still has that #loose, sketchy thing happening!

We'll see, one way or another!

Copyright 2014/ Ben Bensen III

No comments :

Post a Comment