expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Thursday, August 28, 2014

"On Second Look... It Ain't That Bad!"

Chino's Focke-Wulf...
One of the really cool things about the Planes of Fame in Chino, California is that they have some awfully unique aircraft and many of them are actually flyable like this German FW-190. The plane was practically deconstructed when I sketched this, so I assumed it wasn't gonna be flying on the day I was attending the air show. Many of the panels were opened or taken off for maintenance and I thought all those square panels would make a pretty cool drawing, but I ran out of gas on that hot summer day and only got this far.

I didn't show it originally because I was quite frustrated with the effort. It didn't go where I expected it to go,  but looking over this sketch and, some others that are floating around in that "blog vacuum, " I decided that it really wasn't all that bad.

Copyright 2014/Ben Bensen III


No comments :

Post a Comment