expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Thursday, November 20, 2014

"Happy 90th Birthday, Mom!"


  • I've done about 7 or 8 portraits of mom. But, she likes this one best. I believe it is because it captures that," you rascal you" attitude she espouses. I don't remember, but I think I sketched this from a cellphone photo that I took while eating Chinese at a local restaurant in Gentilly. Classic New Orleans... It Ain't Dere No More! 
  •   I do remember that she was angry because I took her to John Jay's Salon where they charged a  'Benjamin" to give her a "new look!" Nothing I could say, no compliment I could give to  assuage her anger...
  •  Except dinner at a restaurant somewhere! 
  •  Happy 90th Birthday, Mom!

Copyright 2014/Ben Bensen III



No comments :

Post a Comment