expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Thursday, June 18, 2015

An Often Heard Cliche... "We've Decided To Go In Another Direction!"

The French Quarter
More elaborate than my last blog post, where the scarcity of line still defines the shape, this thumbnail has perspective, lines and tone to help get idea across. The sketch is one of a series of location shots that were done rather quickly to satisfy the client before we went to a final. The scene was faked with just enough architecture to get the idea across.

I am from the city of New Orleans and though I don't live there anymore, I am pretty intimate with this section of town. Still, it wasn't until I added the lamp post in the foreground that I was satisfied it actually felt like the French Quarter. The drawing is one and a half wide by four inches long and created at that size for a good reason. It was later decided to be a rather cliched visual and not used at all.

Regardless, I was pretty happy with the final sketch.

Copyright 2015/ Ben Bensen III

No comments :

Post a Comment