expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Tuesday, April 12, 2016

"Sketches From A Doctor's Appointment... No. 1"

Grumpy?

I must admit, I don't like the tons of forms one has to fill out every time one has to see a new doctor. Four or five patients waiting their turn to see the dermatologist could hear my grumbling and see the aggravation written all over my face. I just don't see any reason to have to fill out six full sheets with every one of them requiring one's name, address, cell phone, home phone, email address and your waist size!
Okay, just kiddin' bout one's waist size!

A rather composed lady mentioned being able to fill the forms out online. ( I've always had problems filling out forms online, especially after completing the form, having to find a way to sign and date it, long hand! ) Being five minutes late, I expected to wait my turn patiently, but 25 minutes later, I figured I'd better make the best use of my time, so I started sketching, as incognito as possible, the other patient patients. Everyone was messing with their iPhones and I, with my "At A Glance" pad.

One, rather severe looking woman with closely cropped hair and a blouse that didn't do much for her state of being, was, like me, bitching about all the forms she had to fill out. I thought to myself, do I look that bad whenever I'm complaining about something?

Whoa...

She then blurts out, "I hate all this politically correct crap... African Americans and Hispanics!"
"Orientals too," she grumps. "I'm sick and tired of this crap" Whites are the last race on this list!"

"Alphabetical order", is all the composed lady that mentioned to me about the online forms, said.

"It is put in alphabetical order, ma'am."

"Hrump!" is all that the woman could muster, but with a "looks could kill" stare.

When it was my turn to see the doctor, I entered the room and put down my "iPad". When I did, the nurse saw the drawing of this rather racist woman and asked if I was an artist.

When I answered in the affirmative, the nurse said,"Man, you really captured her perfectly!"

And my response was, "I'm just glad that she didn't asked to see it!"


Copyright 2016/Ben Bensen III







No comments :

Post a Comment