expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Saturday, July 20, 2019

"Broken On Through To The Other Side"

A forty minute sketch with a Sharpie...
Good Sunday Morning, y'all.
Here's a sketch I finished a few mornings ago. I guess I was a bit too enthusiastic attempting to break on through to the other side.
What is it that gets said about gates? "No man is excluded from calling upon God, the gate of salvation is set open unto all men." And cliches about "starting gates" and "knocking a little louder" and, you know "hidden gates" to eternity or financial freedom, or to new exciting roads of adventure, and such.
Well, this gate held none of those promises. This gate was rebuilt about fifteen years ago to assist me in keeping the fence line free from unwanted trees, foliage, and brush. Unfortunately, the fence boards were treated but the framework was not.
At one time, we'd use the gate to go next door to feed the thoroughbreds apples and carrots. But that was three owners ago. Nowadays, that place has fallen into the same state of disrepair as my gate is. Rebuilding it again with all treated wood is a possibility. It sure would look great again and would be in keeping with the rest of the fencing, but rebuilding it is not something I'm willing to do... again!
So, a stock metal gate to fit that hole in the fence is probably the best option for me, now.
I'm thinking, maybe, I'll leave it up in this current state of disrepair long enough to capture its romantic, idyllic, and picturesque setting in paint...
Ha, first cup!




No comments :

Post a Comment