expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Mister, Can You Help Me Turn This On?

A sketch I drew waiting my turn to get back on line.
There were only two computers at this hotel and I had hogged one for about one hour until a guy complained to his cohort over the cell phone that "this dude's been on line for a while and should be finishing soon." After hearing him complain for the second time, I got up, apologized and let him on the computer. While waiting for him to complete his email transaction, I sketched this little girl wrapped in a large, Lifesaver colored bath towel with another smaller white towel wrapped around her wet head.

Earlier, she asked her mother to help her turn on the computer, but mom said she didn't know how and assumed the little nine year old knew how. Mom told her daughter to check with the front desk if she couldn't get it turned on because she'd be upstairs packing to leave. The minute mom was out of sight, the little girl asked me...

"Mister, do you know how to turn this thing on?"

Copyright 2011/ Ben Bensen III

2 comments :

  1. Cute. That's exactly how my daughter sits at her desk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Walter for visiting my sketchie blog. The girl was a cutie and I was willing to show her and her mom the sketch and, because I took a picture of it, was willing to give the little lady the drawing, but I wasn't too keen on the mom's attitude, so I chickened out. Nowadays, you never know what people think about "stealing one's identity or soul by drawing them or taking a picture of them.

    ReplyDelete