expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Another Geometric Graze...

Behind the Fence...
There are many horse farms where I reside. Until Katrina, my next door neighbor raised thoroughbreds and once or twice a year, the mares would have their foals. We'd get see them grow until it was such time to ween them away from mom and transport them to another farm where the young thoroughbreds learn to race.

Many times, driving by large estates, I'd see horses in parts or pieces as the fences they grazed behind created a strange, almost mathematical, Mondrian. I thought it'd be interesting to use the fence as a negative space that only allowed us to see just enough of what was behind it. In this case, a grazing horse. The sketch isn't actually what I was visualizing, but it is still kind of fun to play around with.


Copyright 2012/ Ben Bensen III

No comments :

Post a Comment