expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Monday, March 12, 2012

Just Can't Throw These Away...





I have tons of artwork that is either in tracing paper form or sketchbook style. Some of the tracing papers are actually starting to yellow on me. It would be a monumental task to digitally archive those files before they disintegrate. I have a few more aviation sketches that somehow got torn from a sketchbook and landed in a brown manila folder with some other storyboard artwork....

So, now's as good a time as ever!

 This is a sketch of the Madera County Airport in central California. Its airshows were usually small but they always had some really strange aircraft there and they hosted concepts like a Stearman fly-by or a T-28 fly-in. I didn't realize there were still so many of those T-28's still flying. It was pretty cool. Somehow, the powers that be, decided to move the show down to Fresno at their municipal airport. It was nice, but didn't have that "barnstorming charm" Madera had!

I usually just brought along with my camera, a sketchpad with a Razor Point pen and some prismacolor black pencils, but on occasion, I'd bring a few markers... just the basic ones!



This one's pretty basic.



Copyright 2012/Ben Bensen III

No comments :

Post a Comment