expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Monday, January 14, 2013

"Agent Orange, Sketching A Conversation"...

Agent Orange Checkups and Paper Work...
I'm not a Veteran. I've been lately visiting our local office to obtain benefits, as vague as they might be, for my aged mom, who was a Marine for a short period of time in World War II. When I am here in the waiting room, I keep my mouth shut and my eyes and ears open... whether I am sketching or not. The conversations about life in and outside of the military abounds here and you can't help but feel concern for some of those vets and what they have to do to continue receiving their benefits for serving us and the country.

The African American with the cane, though quite friendly, had little to say, but I could tell he was listening... for sure. The bald headed man with the starched button down shirt was conversing with everyone about his condition, which seemed to be brought on by Agent Orange.

The half dozen patients in the lobby, awaiting their turn, were all ears when this man went into the office to discuss his unique situation and get briefed his continuing benefits.

You could hear a pin drop!

Copyright 2013/ Ben Bensen III

No comments :

Post a Comment