expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Monday, January 27, 2014

"They Can Be A Cruel And Tough Crowd."


She posed real well...
I can always count on the senior group members to give me their seal of approval by recognizing, when I show them a completed sketch of the people I attempt to draw. It was confirmed.

Her name is Marilyn. Although no one seemed to remember her last name, they were amazed at my capturing her likeness. I don't dare show them my numerous failures. They can be a cruel and tough crowd. I have attempted to sketch her many times, but with not much luck. Marilyn moves around a lot even though she has a bit of a limp. It appears that she favors a red felt skull cap and many times, she has a crucifix necklace draped around her neck.
Two attempts to capture Marilyn.

As I mentioned, if they can recognize the portrait, then, I'm happy… and therefore,  I am quite happy with this final sketch.

Copyright 2014/ Ben Bensen III



No comments :

Post a Comment