expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

A Sleepy Swan Couple...

The foreground swan seems to be happy he's asleep...

I drew this snoozin' swan couple the same day I spent sketching other City Park niceties. It was a beautiful warm winter day to visit the park. The swan in the foreground must feel the need to protect the other one with its head tucked away. Assuming standard gender roles, ( I don't think they change that much in nature! ) the one up front is a male and the one in more of a deep sleep is a female. She never budged the whole time I was sketching this rather tranquil scene. Maybe she is resting up for when she has goslings to patrol and corral come the spring.

Every now and then, the male would blink a wary eye at me and then doze off again. It is always more productive to sketch dozing subjects whether they are animals, birds, lizards... people!

I hate wasting paper!


Copyright 2013/ Ben Bensen III

















No comments :

Post a Comment