expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

"Little Computer Girl...

I drew her older than she is, but so intense...
Well, yesterday I missed my doctor's appointment, again, and was stuck in Mandeville till 3 pm, so I decided to wait it out at Starbucks. A little waif of a girl with blonde hair and pretty blue eyes sat next to her father trying to get to his iPhone to, I guess, play a game online. Twice he told her to leave it on the table because it was loading up some program. On her third try, the father scolded her in front of me and one of his cohorts, who he was trying to conduct some kind of business with.

Twenty minutes later, the father arrives back at the same table we all were sharing, but this time he brought with him his laptop with a pair of pink and blue earphones.

Smart move. The little girl was transfixed and totally involved for the next half hour or so, as Dad continued his conversation with his friend.

I took the time to sketch her a few times. She was a little Tinkerbell waif of a girl. I expected to find little dragonfly wings behind her back. This is my best attempt at capturing her childlike beauty and budding computer whiz intensity. It was a fun way to spend an hour!

Copyright 2013/ Ben Bensen III

No comments :

Post a Comment