expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Wednesday, August 26, 2020

"Michelle, Another Medical Hero Sketch!"


Good "soggy" Wednesday Morning, all bodies.

Looks like we will skirt by with Hurricane Laura this afternoon... Time will tell.
I thought I'd add another nurse sketch for the collection. I jotted down some notes on this hero, but naturally, it is nowhere to be found in any of my sketchbooks. There's so much confusion going on... Can't blame the virus...
This is a Prismacolor black sketch done from a photo I took of Michelle. She's one of the head nurses that came by, from time to time, to check on Therese, clean up any loose ends and stay atop any med changes.
Michelle told me that she's been in the nursing business for over thirty years. We had some great conversations. Always fun to hear people talk about their lives and their professions. She is in her late thirties with two grown boys. I asked her if I could snap a shot of her in action and the iPad rattled off more than one. This shot was the better of the bunch and I believe this is the look she gave me when she asked about our son.
Like most of the nurses, she's very thorough and intense, but at the time, her eyes showed fatigue... at least, to me. The last time I saw her was two days before my wife was discharged. She complimented Therese on her ability to walk the hall, back and forth, dragging that IV tree behind her.
Though you couldn't see her smile, I could tell she felt satisfaction in looking after Therese and over seeing the many others handling her care.
First cup!

Copyright 2020/Ben Bensen III

No comments :

Post a Comment