expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Thursday, February 24, 2022

"A President's Day story"...


 

Good sunny, Sunday Morning, to all.
So, all of my vitamins and the two prescription meds, were stacked on the table waiting for the In-home Health and Well-being Assessment doctor to arrive.
He was almost two hours late. He blamed it on Mardi Gras traffic.
After a bevy of health history questions that one usually says "No" to, the doc presents the cognitive portion of the test. I know this game, so I was pretty much prepared though, at the time, I could not call to mind Saturday's date.
I was given three words to remember before I was bombarded with challenges like months of the year, spelling words, forward and backwards, math problems (times table) and finally... Who is our country's President?
"Biden," was my response. But, the good doctor kept on requesting more and more past Presidents. "And then?" he'd ask and I'd respond.
"Who came before Biden?"
"Trump", I said.
"And then," he'd ask.
My reply, in descending order, all the way back to Truman was correct with the exception of LBJ... I had to have a hint for the big Texan.
"Biden, Trump, Obama, Bush, Clinton, Bush, Reagan, Carter, Ford, Nixon, JBJ, Kennedy, Eisenhower, Truman, FDR," I replied on a roll!
I'm glad that he was satisfied with that list because I would have had no idea who came before Roosevelt!
Then, and I knew it was coming, the doctor asked me if I could repeat the three words he asked me to remember before he started the "inquisition."
I got two out of the three correct, and with some assistance from the little lady, I got the third... Whew!
Happy "President's Day Weekend" to one and all... And, to all 48 Presidents, living, dying or dead!
And let's see, now... how many first cups have I had this morning?

Copyright 2022/Ben Bensen III







No comments :

Post a Comment