expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Friday, November 18, 2022

"My Pad Just Disappeared"


 Good "Almost Fried" Friday Morning, all bodies!
A few days ago, I decided to make a homemade gluten free pizza. When all the ingredients were assembled into a fine cheese covered mess, I loaded the pizza on the pan and shoved it into the oven with an oven pad because the oven was already preset at 450º.
When I closed the oven door, I realized the oven pad was nowhere to be found. Thinking I set the pad on fire in the oven, I quickly opened up the door and took the pizza out to find no oven pad inside.
What a relief that was, but happened to the pad? Somehow, it disappeared. Well, that kinda freaked me out. I thought those kitchen gremlins back at it again? After a ten minute search, I decided it was no big deal… Besides, the pizza was ready and I’ll just use another oven pad to extract the grub… Got lots of those!
It was a yummy pizza and wherever the pad disappeared to, it didn’t burn down house.
Later that evening, while unloading the dishwasher, I opened the oven draw which is below the oven to put away some oven utensils and well, what’dya know, there appeared the well worn blue oven pad.
Apparently, it slipped out of my hand and into the gap between the oven door and the pull out drawer. And, I never even noticed it… Scary!
Still, it was a yummy pizza and it didn’t burn down house.
No cups, yet!

Copyright 2022/Ben Bensen III

No comments :

Post a Comment