expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Wednesday, December 11, 2019

Boing, Boing, Boing...

A sketch I did of a younger pup, Pierre!
Good Throwback Thursday, y'all... Kinda!
Last night I was awakened by the sound of spring loaded something sometime around 1am. My dreamy something of a romantic interlude was interrupted by what could only be described as a "Boing" sound. 
Determined to not have it ruin what's left of the dream, I managed to doze off again. I don't remember what then I was dreaming of, but it certainly wasn't anything romantic. The older I get, the more precious those kinda dreams are.

Nonetheless, sometime around 3am, that "boing" happened three or four times in secession. I laid quietly expecting something strange to occur, but all I could hear was the sound of a beating pulse in my head as I lay near the pillow.
Lately, it seems, that no matter what time I go to bed, I awaken ready to take on the day that I want no part of at 3am in the morning. Gravity be damned!
From three to four, I rolled from one side to the other trying to get back to sleep, but never heard a sound save the breathing of my two beddy bye pals. One female and the other, canine!
I mustah fallen back to sleep because once again that "boing" sounded off in rapid succession. It sounded a bit like someone diving off a diving board or a kitchen utensil bouncing off the floor. It kinda had a springy metallic sound to it and it appeared to come from our cocker spaniel's side of the room. The boing seemed perfectly timed to a twitchy groan or growl.
Still, assessing that it wasn't anything quite serious enough to climb out of bed to investigate, I went back to sleep... sorta!
By the dawn's early light, I tried to quietly summon Pierre up from his bed, for his early morning pee break, but he didn't seem to wanna challenge the concepts of gravity on four foots any more than I did on two.
I did notice standing there in front of his bed, for a minute or two, he, with a sleepy time puppy dawg moan or two, had an occasional spasm coming from his hindquarters that would hit the spring mounted door stop causing it to spring back with a resounding "Boing!"
And, there was the annoying, but cute mystery... Boing, boing, boing! 
Hopefully, with all that moaning and growling, and twitching, his uninterrupted, romantic interlude was better than mine... Ha!
First cup!

No comments :

Post a Comment