expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Wednesday, January 27, 2021

"Passing A Good Covid Time Sketching!"

Sketching Away the Boredom...

 Spending a bit more time than I expected here at Honda of Covington. 100,000 mile service on Tee’s Honda Fit. It’s the longest two hour stint I can ever remember.

Glad I brought my sketchbook. With a styrofoam cup of coffee, a Covid mask, and a Pilot Razor Point pen, I decided to sketch a $40,000.00 Civic Type R.

Really? A spiff it up, version of the ubiquitous Honda Civic!

I lost track of time except for the timely visit of, what looked like, a car mechanic in a full white jumpsuit. Every time he'd drop by, I had added some more lines to the piece, and every time he dropped by he'd half to compliment me on my progress.

"Damn, that looks great," he quipped once.

Later, he'd pass by to say, "I wish I could draw like that!" I'm lucky I know how to even use a pencil like that!"

Well naturally, the car took longer to finish than just two hours and after about two or three more visits to comment, he brought with him three other "mechanics?" to approve of my last few lines.

One guy asked me, "how long did it take you to do that?"

With a smile, I replied as I was being summoned to pick up my car and pay the bill, "Oh, about forty years!"

Copyright 2021/ Ben Bensen III




No comments :

Post a Comment