expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Monday, February 8, 2021

"Just Checkin' On Ya!"

Thumbs Up!

 Good "aftermath" Monday Morning, y'all.

Congrats to Tom Terrific and gang... no sour grapes!

Well, I didn't think I left that late for a meeting at Oshcner's yesterday, but I mustah. In order to get out of the house and for believing that I could still make it on time, I decided to forego the phone call until I got on the road.

Well, that was a big mistake because I never got a red stop light to pull out the iPhone to make a call. I don't like using the phone on the road anyway, but by the time I got halfway on the Causeway, I was already late.

So, I pulled over into one of the turnarounds to find a Causeway cruiser sitting over on the far side of the turnaround. I guess the patrolman in the car noticed me fumbling around my briefcase rather nervously. I was looking for the phone number I was sure I entered into the iPhone directory, but could not find.

He started up the patrol car and drove over to my driver's side window. Frustrated and feeling a bit perturbed, I was in no mood to appease or assuage a cop. But, without saying a word or even rolling down the window to speak, he just signaled a thumbs up sign with a questioning smile.

With a sigh I responded without rolling down my window to flash the "O.K." sign. He nodded in affirmation and returned to his original parking spot to continue monitoring traffic flow going in the opposite direction.

To protect and serve... I like it.

Copyright 2021/Ben Bensen III

No comments :

Post a Comment