expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Sunday, March 28, 2021

"I'm A Big Boy, Now... I Can Do It Myself!"

Outdoor well light springs...

 Good "I'm a big boy and..." Monday morning, all bodies.

A couple of weeks ago when the weather was once again warming up, I decided to take my shirt off and catch some Vitamin D. Who knows when the sun will ever come out again.
But while doing that I noticed some wasps checking out the patio well light. With a shirtless sigh, I went over to check the situation out and with a shirtless sigh, I walked into the kitchen to grab some sort of defense...
Just in case, ya know!
After carefully perusing the area, I unscrewed the light bulb to find a huge wasp's nest that was destroyed last year with a can of Raid. When I managed to pull out the nest, I snapped one of the springs that held the well light cover in place. It was fairly obvious that this was a job for Superman and not me. At least, not right now.
Although it ate at me to just walk away from another project, I was determined to get some sun. With a sigh, I managed to do so.
Last Sunday, while running other errands, I remembered that I needed to replace those corroded well light springs, so I dropped on by the local Home Depot. I usually support local hardware stores for such simple things, but it was a day that I planned for getting simple things done.
It seems really ridiculous to walk into a big box store to purchase something so small. With a huge sigh, I entered the lighting department and walked up and down three isles of dainty light fixtures, honking yard flood light systems and LED bulbs. I circled twice searching for my springs.
"Can I help you find something, sir? a sales person politely inquired.
"No... thanks, I said, Just looking!"
Circling like a shark around the isles I was somewhere between admitting that the part no longer exists and I'd have to purchase an entirely new system and...
"I'm a big boy, now... I can do it myself!"
Well, try as I did, I could not find the damn thing until a rather nerdy young salesperson sporting thick black rimmed glasses took me to an isle where, there, two shelves from the bottom jammed between outdoor lighting options, was a small box full of packaged springs.
I couldn't believe how quickly he took me to the place.
I thanked him profusely and promised to comment about him on the link that comes with the receipt though I haven't done that yet. Nor, have I put the new springs to good use....
Sigh.
Second cup!
Copyright 2021/Ben Bensen III

No comments :

Post a Comment