expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Thursday, March 11, 2021

"Please Leave A Message"...


 

Good Morning Thursday, y’all.

I can’t believe it is already Thursday. About a week ago, after a couple of months with my new iPhone, I realized that I was not getting any voicemails. After further investigation, I was told that AT&T locks you out after a certain amount of time of not setting the parameters for one’s voicemail.


So, after being shuffled from one tech nerd to another, I landed on one that was willing to tackle the problem. Earlier, I was asked to, time after time, record a new message to see if the voicemail would work. I was running out of serious messages to try.


After AT&T technoid named Mike requested for the umpteenth time to say something worthwhile to record, I sang, “Round, round, get around, I get around, yeh…” Nothing happened. After pushing more buttons on his side, he asked again to say something. 


“Okay,” I said. “I’m getting bugged driving up and down this iPhone town… I need some better reception for me to “Get Around!”


Mike laughed. And, after he requested another try, I sang,” Help Rhonda, help, help me Rhonda… Help me Rhonda, girl, get my voicemail to work!”


“Have you ever sang any karaoke,” Mike asked. 


“Actually, I laughed, I’ve never tried to!”


“You’d be great at it. I’m amazed!”


“Well thanks, man. If I have another life, I’ll give it a go!”


“I’m kinda old for that stuff, ya know?”


“Old? You sound great even over the phone,” he replied. How old ARE you?


“Uh, I’m 71”.


“You don’t sound that old at all,” he said in a meaningful and complimentary way!”


“Thanks, man,” I said. “How are we doing with the voicemail?”


“I think we’ve got it solved!”


“Well, if we need to test it from your side, you have to karaoke me a message!”


A few more buttons pushed, he suggested we give it a go. So, I hung up the phone and waited for Mike to call and leave me a voicemail.


And, he did, in his best falsetto… “In the jungle, the mighty jungle, the lion sleeps tonight!” A weema wop, a weema wop, a weema wop, a weema wop!


BUT WAIT… that’s not all.


The next morning my friend, Carol, tried to leave a message only to hear on the voicemail… 

A weema wop, a weema wop, a weema wop, a weema wop!


First cup!


Copyright 2021/Ben Bensen III

 






No comments :

Post a Comment