expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Monday, May 17, 2021

" No Evasive ActionTaken."

My Little Mechanized Stallion

 Good Saturday Morning, all bodies.

At dawn this morning, around 5:30, I slipped pass Pierre to peruse the day. It's gonna be another sunny and dry day, y'all, here in 'da. Bayou.
It was pretty still. Too early for the birds to trade territorial songs. There's not even the usual sound of dew dropping off the leaves of the trees. Stepping off the concrete driveway and walking barefoot to the patio, I noticed that I forgot to put away my lawn tractor that Zel Rice dropped off yesterday.
Normally, if I make that mistake, the machine would be covered in the morning dew. I'm happy to report my little mechanized stallion is in good health. I could not keep up with these five acres without it.
With a sigh and with my head down making certain I don't misstep into yesterday's fodder, I head back to the driveway already thinking about today's tasks.
One last look at the pale blue, cloudless sky, I noticed high up above a dark blue heron silently cruising by. Closing in on its "six o'clock" is a stark white egret that probably doesn't want any competition in its skies. Nothing is said. No evasive action taken. They both just slip off into the distance.
It's time. Maybe a pot of coffee to start up the day... hopefully before the dog awakes.
First cup!


Copyright 2021/ Ben Bensen III

No comments :

Post a Comment