expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Wednesday, September 28, 2022

"A White Knuckler Visit... Sorta!"

Destruction and construction!

Good "aftermath" Wednesday, all bodies.
Sitting in traffic from Folsom to I-12 for over forty minutes yesterday morning, I called the dentist in Slidell to tell them that I was gonna be late.
I received a text reply telling me to not stress out about because someone cancelled. I figured that was fine. I'd be stressed out soon enough having a cracked molar repaired and a mercury filling extracted from another tooth.
When I sat in the dentist's chair I complained about the mounting traffic problem on the Northshore and making snide comparisons to the traffic in Los Angeles.
Well, I musta started showing my white knuckles with a mouthful of construction and destruction tools which was also covered over by a blue plastic tarp. Now, I felt like a hurricane victim!
I don't remember when I opened my eyes and looked up. There was a time when it was a cool marketing tool to have a monitor hanging over your head so you could enjoy the procedure... Ha!
It was then that I noticed the monitor had slo-mo aerial shots of Southern California (no traffic scenes!). The Griffith Observatory, where before class I'd go running, and the cheap seats view at Dodger Stadium of the San Gabriel Mountains, which are the best seats in the house. The Hollywood sign, the Santa Monica pier, the foggy covered cliffs along the beaches, the snow covered hills at Big Bear... relaxing stuff like that!
How sweet!
When I was finally able to speak without a gurgle, I asked the dental assistant, "Do you have a complete menu of relaxing scenes from around the world?"
"No, she replied, but I did have California!"
Second Giddy Up cup!


Copyright 2022/Ben Bensen III


 

No comments :

Post a Comment