expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Sunday, February 19, 2023

"The One Sunny Day We Had All Week"...


Money Plant!

The one sunny day we had all week, I believe it was Sunday, inspired a sketch out of me while awaiting a friend at Giddy Up.
I'm not quite sure what kind of plant it is, but sitting so close to the deck windows, and so illuminated by the morning sun, I just had to find the time to capture it.
And, I did...
Although I was happy with that morning's effort, I felt compelled to photograph the scene and maybe throw some watercolor over on the piece, forgetting that the drawing was in Pentel. It kinda bled which turned the chartreuse green rather ochre... YUCK!
Luckily, I photographed the original sketch because in the studio I tried to save the illuminated portions of the plant by coloring over the color with a yellow green Prismacolor pencil.
Not a big fan of Prismacolor pencils.
Well, should I just forget about the damn colored version and move on? Ya know, let bygones be bygones and be done with it...
Not on your life. Absolutely not!
Scan that sketchbook mess into Photoshop and let's see what it can do. Two exploratory hours later... Here you go!



Third cup...


Copyright 2023/Ben Bensen III





 

No comments :

Post a Comment