expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Wednesday, February 22, 2023

"Whenever A Holiday Lands On A Garbage Day!"

Missed It Again...

Good "Mardi Gras Plus One" Wednesday Morning, all bodies.

All I have to say is, "Where's my broom?"
There's way too much "ashes and dust" around here today!

Whenever a holiday lands on a garbage day there's always confusion about whether those mysterious masters of muck and refuse will show up. Therese told me that is probably best to put the garbage can out front on the street. Ya know, just in case!

Well, I didn't.

Sure enough on my way back from the coffeeshop around ten or so, there they were... More bright and earlier than usual on cruising our street.

"Hey man," I asked, are you finished running Orleans Ave?"

"I don't know. Lemme ax 'da driver... He's 'da boss!"

"I can go get my bagged trash and meet you on any of the other streets, if you don't mind."

As I drove off to go get rid of my bagged trash, I noticed in the rear view mirror, that those "merrimen of mirth and joviality" backed up the garbage truck onto one of the side streets, turned and high tailed it out of Merrywood.

Hey, I am sure they want to "Laissez les bon temps roulet" their asses off too! Ya know?

C'est la vie!

AND, I know that I've used this visual SO many times. I apologize for that, but it has never seemed more appropriate. Talk about missing 'da boat!

And, yeh... I've done that too!

First cup... old coffee! 

Copyright 2023/ Ben Bensen III

 

No comments :

Post a Comment