expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Monday, May 8, 2023

"I like EX-CA-VA-TORS," he said..

Tonka Toys... Sorta!
 

Good "late morning TBT" Day, y'all.

Well, there's a new kid in town. One of them, named,"Ben" is four years old and his little brother, who's name I've forgotten, is three.
 
Just about every morning for the last month or so, they drop by with their mother, a wedding photographer, named Whitney, to entertain and terrorize the coffeehouse. Two days ago, the boys were wearing their plastic, red, firehouse helmet as they colored with their brand new set of crayons given to them at the firehouse.
 
I was told about a week ago, by Ben, that he likes construction machines. And, he knows the names of many of those thunderous, ground shaking instruments of destruction and... construction. Backhoe loaders, bulldozers, steam rollers, EXCAVATORS, he knows them all.
 
"He likes to draw them all, Mr. Ben," Whitney said.
 
"I like EX-CA-VA-TORS," Ben said. So, I made a deal with the little Ben.
 
"Hey, Ben, I said, " I like drawing machines and I'll bring my drawings and share them you if you promise to show me how you draw an EX-CA-VA-TOR!"
 
Well, a small crowd gathered around to see my sketchbook of about a dozen construction scenes... and to see Ben's own artistic interpretation, but it was not to be. He was not into performing for the crowd today. Impressed, Whitney inquired about purchasing prints for the walls of the new house they're building in Franklinton and that's pretty cool.
 
But, later, he and I did analyze the work and name all the of those magnificent, mechanical earth movers."
Fun to be a kid again... with another kid!
 
Second cup!

No comments :

Post a Comment