expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Thursday, September 21, 2023

"Disheartened That I Sketched A Used Muffin Liner"

 

A kid's hand grenade!

Good "Gateway to the West" Friday Morning, y'all.

Trying to decide what we want to do today, I decided to post a sketch I did about a week or so ago. Therese decided to try her hand at the sketching the magnolia cone that I brought to the Giddy Up sketch get together and did an admirable job. She hasn't signed it, so I figure it's not finished.

Therese's unfinished symphony!


A few days later, the red green cone turned brown, opened up its pod leaves and started spitting out bright red seeds. I figured that I'd better sketch the cone before the entire pod explodes.

Talk about explosions, I told the friend who gave me the spikey projectile how, as kids, we use the cone as hand grenades. At one time, we had a large magnolia in the front yard that would drop lots of cones around the early fall. The stem of the cone was the pin that one would pull on a real grenade before throwing it. Kid's imagination, ya know.

Phil told me that he gave me the cone to use as subject matter since he read that another friend of mine found it rather disheartening that I sketched a used muffin liner on a saucer.

So, I present for one's perusal and approval my exploded magnolia tree cone and my wife's unfinished symphony!

First Starbucks cup!

Copyright 2023/Ben Bensen III

No comments :

Post a Comment