expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Thursday, November 30, 2023

"AND, Babbah bah booooo, BRING IT RIGHT HERE!"

Contrary Mary...

 Well, Good "Tidings to You!"Thursday Morning, all bodies.

The news on NPR was talking the Ukraine, and Tee was staring off in the distance contemplating the day's activity as we make our way to Giddy Up. I was in my own world giggling with my own sense of humor.
I had a Bing Crosby Christmas tune in my head and was laughing at the prospect of doing something with it...
Mary, the don't call me a barista, barista, is gonna be my prime suspect. But, is she off today? She wasn't. Now, I just have to find a way to single her out from the other, always attentive, ladies behind the counter. Maddie was creating some kind of creamy latte filled with some kind of Christmas goodies and Danielle caught my eye as if to say that I was next to be served, but I winked at her and pointed towards Mary.
Luckily, there's was no one behind me awaiting to be served.
"Hey Mary," I called out in a rather demanding way, which so unlike me, "I need some coffee!"
"Hey Ben... Your regular?" Mary asks in her matter of fact, ho-hum way.
Yes, I said, the French dark roast, AND...
"We won't go until we get some,
"We WONT go until we get some,
"We won't GO until we get some,"
Pointing to the counter, I completed the end of the song with a bit of Bing...
"AND, Babbah bah booooo, BRING IT RIGHT HERE!"
"Okay, Mr. Ben, (she seldom calls me mister!) In the Christmas spirit already, I see."
"Yeh, Mary, Bing Crosby style... Babbah bah booooo,!
She mumbles, as she turns to pour me my coffee, something like, "You beddah change your tune if you want anything!" She then, hands me my cup.
Trying to be as unimpressed as she can muster up, she asks, " You need anything else?"
"What? No Bing styled Christmas today," I asked.
Danielle, sensing maybe some tension in the air, and still working up some kind of frothy concoction, smiles to me and says, "I love Bing Crosby especially at Christmas time. My mom used to play his records all the time!"
"Yeh, I found on YouTube, he had quite a bit of Christmas songs over the years. I guess "I Wish You A Merry Christmas" is gonna be my earworm for today."
"I thought I'd share it with someone I love," I said, as I nodded towards Mary, who, by now, is working the drive up window.
Maddie rolled her eyes, shrugged her shoulders and giggled. Danielle nodded.
I sat down with some friends feeling satisfied that I got a bit of a smile from "Contrary Mary!"
Time to crank up the Christmas music as long as it isn't another Mariah Carey interpretation!
Second cup!

Copyright 2023/Ben Bensen III

No comments :

Post a Comment