expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Tuesday, June 25, 2024

“Bradley’s The Worst!”

It Keeps You Runnin'...

 Good “Sartorial” Saturday Morning, y’all.

So funny. After having attended the Trinity Gym for over two months now, I been having fun teasing the staff, whining too much and eavesdropping on all kinds of conversations. I pretty much gotten to know each trainer and their personalities, which are all quite diverse. But one thing I’ve noticed over time is how color coordinated each trainer is.
I found out yesterday, that the staff was leaving early to prepare themselves for a “company dinner” in the evening.
“Is this a formal affair,’ I asked, knowing full well that it probably wasn’t. “Is this like a “by invitation only” like a black tie event?”
There was, at this time, on the floor, four woman trainers and assistants. Cassidy, a 24 year old trainer overseeing my workout, glares at me, and Katlan comments while doing a fully extended lat stretch suspended from a yellow pulley strap.
“Can you imagine?” I’m not going if I had to wear a dress,” she snaps, staring at Bailey, who’s seated next to the company laptop.
“We’re not doing anything formal,”Bailey replies, And, it is a good thing because I don’t have any shoes to wear that’s not running shoes.”
“What’s the problem,” I asked, as crickets abound… Bunions?”
“Hey, I said, I’ve been noticing y’all and your workout clothes.”
“Katlan, let me ask you. Did you put on a pair of running shoes and then search to find that blue shirt to match, or the other way around?”
“No, she said. Wanted to wear this shirt and had to decide which pair of shoes would go with the shirt!”
“So you have more than one pair of blue shoes to choose from?”
"Yeh!, she replied.
“Yeh, we all collect running shoes,” said Emily whose a wearing rather loose fitting black outfit with only bright red ASICS for accent. At 37, she is the eldest of the group and expecting a baby boy in October!
”I mean, all four of you have shoes that match your outfits!”
Cassidy looks at me kinda confused inquiring what I mean.
“Well, Cass, you’re wearing a cream colored sweat shirt, sporting a white pair athletic shoes that have only two cream colored bars across the spine of the shoe!”
“If you were wearing cream colored anklets, it would be a different thing, but you didn’t on purpose,” I laughed.
“I’m amazed,” I said. Y’all have a different pair of shoes to match your workout each and every day!”
“Women,” I said feigning disgust!
“If you think we’re bad, you should see Bradley’s collection,” they all chimed in…
“Bradley’s the worst!”


Copyright 2024/Ben Bensen III

No comments :

Post a Comment