expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Saturday, May 25, 2024

"A Companion For His Magical Montana Mystery Tour!"

A breakfast quiche at Giddy Up coffeehouse

Good “Sandra likes me best” Wednesday Morning, y’all.
Saw Badass this morning. He’s recuperated from that alumni gathering he was a part of last weekend. He said he had a good time, but lamented the fact that only fifteen friends made it to the reunion.
"I seem to be outliving everyone," he said in a rather conflicted way.
"Cuz you're a stubborn sonofabitch, Larry!"
Changing the subject, I asked him if he went to have another biopsy on Monday. He said he did and it “didn’t hurt!” He said that he would get the results back in a week. They’re checking out his lungs for any returning mesothelioma tumors… so far, so good!
“It don’t make no difference, Ben,” he said. He always says that!
Thinking that wasn’t a good topic to further pursue, I asked him about giving the sketch that I fixed for him to his old “use-to-be!”
With a smile, he said, “Yeh, she really liked it with all the changes!”
“I told her that I paid six hundred dollars for it. I almost got a “smooch” out of it,” he said with a wink.
“She might have given you one, if you hadn’t told her how much you spent on the sketch,” I replied.
“She probably thought you were a spend thrift, ha!”
“I know. I, later, told her that I was lying, but she didn’t believe me!”
“It don’t matter none!”
I have a hunch that he wants a companion for his Magical Montana Mystery Tour to frolic with amongst the buffalo… preferably a female one!
Just then, Sandra came by and derailed our conversation by delivering my Greek Frittata.
“You gonna eat all that, alfalfa sprouts and all?” Badass asks.
“Of course,” I replied. “It’s Sandra’s Special" 'cuz...
“She likes me best!”
“She must,” Larry said.
First cup!

Copyright 2024/Ben Bensen III

No comments :

Post a Comment