expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Saturday, June 4, 2022

"One Hell Of A Sermon!"

There's another one somewhere in Montana!

 Good “wrasslin’ Wednesday, all bodies.

When I arrived, Badass was sitting by himself. His buddies, Herb Galloway and Tom Burns was ensconced in our normal sitting area talking cattle… like they always do. Larry didn’t wanna impose, he said.
As we so often do, old Badass drifts into theology with me. I think he’s trying to save me before he kicks the bucket. Today, Larry gets the lowdown on his health and although he says, “it don’t mean nuthin’“, I know it does.
Because one of Larry's pet peeves is priests preaching about things they don't know, I proceeded to aggravate and distract him by asking to explain the difference between priests and pastors being ignorant of real people and how they live their life, or are they being just plain stupid.
Analogies abound, but...
“Although, when we was younger, me and my buddy were at Mass at St. Peter’s in Covington and this man started to nod off,” he said.
“Mustah been one boring ass sermon,” I replied.
“No, he said. The guy, who was sitting between me and my buddy, slid into my friend’s shoulder and he didn’t know what to do, so he pushed the man’s head over toward me and my shoulder!
“Freaked me out 'cuz that man was out cold,” Larry said.
“Aw, c’mon now, man,” I replied. “He stayed there on your shoulder through the entire rest of the Mass?”
“No, we called a priest to come check on the guy. We were nervous that someone would think we killed him... Or sumpthin.”
“And, that priest checked the man out and declared that, indeed, he was dead!” Must have had a heart attack right there in church,” he said.
“Now, Badass continues with a laugh, that’s a priest that knows the difference from being ignorant or being just plain stupid!”
Playing along as best as I could, I replied,"In that case, it mustah been one HELL of a sermon!”
I know, I know, but just couldn’t help myself…
No cups, yet!

Copyright 2022/ Ben Bensen III

No comments :

Post a Comment